Activities by country:
- EIW 2018 is being utilized as a platform for raising awareness, especially about HPV vaccination. Activities will include launching of a video and new web pages.
- Information for the public and enforcement of opportunistic vaccination among GPs and pediatricians during EIW.
Information of the public and medical students about the need for vaccinations and the issue of vaccine hesitancy is on our agenda for 2018
Children aged 14 have the right to decide about medical interventions including vaccinations in Tyrol, Austria- but only half of them know about their right!
Empowerment of our future parents is essential ! We conduct continuous education in schools for the 3rd year now related to vaccination with a focus on measles and HPV
Together with the government of Tyrol and the very active Austrian Medical Students Association we want to inform about the benefits of vaccinations and the urgent need to protect alss the ones who cannot be vaccination.... we have a social responsibility !!!
- All health facilities in Azerbaijan will do catch-up vaccination as per National Immunization Schedule vaccinating children who due to various reasons were not vaccinated in time
- Press-conference for Media representatives, supervisory visits in 15 districts in order to improve vaccination coverage,
- Printing and distribution of informational and advocacy materials (posters, national Calendar of immunizations, etc.),
- Round table meetings and conferences in cities and districts of the country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
- "Mostar - education workshop for pediatricians, epidemiologists, infectologists and family medicine specialists, whose work is related to the immunization of children in the FBiH 26-27 of April (based on last year's success)
- Press conference
- Banja Luka 12-13 April: education workshop for pediatricians, epidemiologists, infectologists and family medicine specialists, whose work is related to the immunization of children in the Republic of Srpska
- Banja Luka 25-26 April a round table (or workshop) with pediatricians, including representatives of the Association of Pediatricians of the Republic of Srpska, infectologists, epidemiologists, and representatives of the Chamber of Doctors of the Republic of Srpska.
- EIW materials produced and distributed.
- The Danish Health Authority, Statens Serum Institut and the Danish Medicines Agency are publishing a yearly report on the Danish Childhood Vaccination Programme.
More about the Report:
- The number of vaccinations during the vaccination program in Denmark has increased between 2 and 6 percent, while the number of HPV vaccinations has risen by 12 percent. http://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2018-04-23-kurven-er-vendt-flere-faar-vaccineret-deres-boern
- Summary in English: The Danish childhood vaccination program
- Social media campaign om Twitter in week 17, including videos with messages about vaccination
- Website and resources on: Semaine européenne de la Vaccination 2018 du 23 au 29 avril 2018 – « Prévenir-protéger-vacciner »
- EIW materials produced and distributed.
- 5th Bavarian Immunization Week, focus: the health and well-being of the family, in particular newborns, through immunization ("Impfen rund um die junge Familie" und "Kokonschutz des Neugeborenen")
- Website: https://www.lgl.bayern.de/gesundheit/praevention/impfen/bayerische_impfwoche/index.htm
- Banner reading ""Lassen Sie sich impfen. Ihr Schutz ist sein Schutz"" (trans. ""Get vaccinated. Your protection is his protection"") distributed to all pharmacies through the Bavarian Association of Pharmacies
- Organisation of information booths: Munich (25.4. 10:45-18:00 h), Nuernberg (28.4. 10:00-17:00 h)
- Press event with Minister Huml; participation of LAGI representatives as well as official representatives of other vaccination-related associations
- Publications: Special series of articles dedicated to EIW in the ""Bayerisches Aerzteblatt""
- Media campaign in all of Bavaria: banner will be visible not only in pharmacies, but also on screens in numerous public spaces (e.g. train stations);
- Flyer currently being created for the Bavarian Immunization Week; will be available at: www.bestellen.bayern.de
- All Bavarian health agencies will be actively participating in spreading the importance of vaccination
- Video and photographic materials for the public campaign use.
- Social media campaign.
- Activities organized by medical students across four medical universities.
- Information sheets on vaccines for circulation and use among visitors of health centres in Hungary.
- Liaise with opinion-makers and health celebrities who join the EIW campaign
- EIW materials produced and distributed.
- On the occasion of the European Immunization Week multiple influencers and celebrities joined WHO’s campaign in Hungary and shared their video or photo by emphasizing the importance of vaccination and encouraging people to join by sharing the message and also their own stories. One of these famous people is Zsolt Erdei, former professional boxer, the President of the Hungarian Boxing Association. Here is his video (on Facebook)
- Online chat about immunization with Prof. Shai Ashkenazi, Chair of the Israeli Pediatric Association
- Media messages from the Ministry's spokesman to the public and professional community"
- Social media posts providing up-to-date information in Israel's high coverage rate etc.
- WHO Country Office in Kyrgyzstan together with Ministry of Health and UNICEF in Kyrgyzstan organized a joint press conference at the start of the European Immunization Week.
- In addition, WHO Country Office in Kyrgyzstan organized a policy roundtable on topics around vaccination involving representatives from Minister of Health, National Center for Immunoprophylaxis, Republican Center for Health Promotion, Counsel of Muslims of Kyrgyzstan and representatives of primary health facilities in Bishkek.
- Health promotion activities at PHC level are conducted through Cabinets on health promotion (CHP) of the Republican center for health promotion (RCHP) and they play active role in health promotion activities including immunization; health promotion activities will be organized and conducted by the Republican Health promotion Center in all 7 regions (including Bishkek city) of the country to raise awareness about immunization under the EIW slogan
- Monitoring visits to all regions by staff of RCI will be conducted with dual goals to promote immunization and inform about forthcoming introduction of new vaccines and to monitor EIW activities at each of the regions organized by local health administrations and health staff.
- Flesh mob activity in Bishkek is intended to raise attention and information of the population and particularly young population in one of main Shopping malls of Bishkek – “Bishkek park” where parents with children and a lot of young people usually spend leisure time.
- Republican Center of Immune - prophylaxis to conduct several social mobilization and information raising activities in Bishkek and Chui region with involvement of local community organization “moms for immunization” and a volleyball completion will be organized in one selected district of Chui region with involvement of the local administration
В Кыргызстане проходит Европейская неделя иммунизации (video/article)
19.00 Новости 24.04.2018 ELTR.TV (EIW reportage starts from 25.20 and ends at 29.05)
Неделя иммунизации стартовала в Кыргызстане (video/article)
В Кыргызстане с 23 апреля проходит Европейская неделя иммунизации (video/article)
Информационная программа Ала-Тоо: вторник, 24.04.2018 (19:00)
v=DOuN81E_Zbo(EIW reportage starts from 25.36 and ends at 27.57)
КТРК 1 радио - Кыргызстанда Европалык эмдөө жумалыгы башталды
Минздрав: 96% населения Кыргызстана за вакцинацию детей
Большинство кыргызстанцев поддерживают вакцинацию детей (article)
В Бишкеке проводится Европейская неделя иммунизации
Европейская неделя иммунизации стартовала в Кыргызстане (article)
96% кыргызстанцев согласны вакцинировать детей
В Кыргызстане проходит Европейская неделя иммунизации (article)
- Promotion of EIW activities through the distribution and translation of campaign material.
- Awareness raising campaign, social mobilization and other relevant activities
- The Ministry of health and Head of Financial Department in agreement with Dr Gorin, deputy minister of health, Chief Sanitary doctor proposed to conduct Round table meeting with participation of high and mid-level staff of the Ministry of health and Ministry of finance (raise awareness in the financial sector)
- Press clinic
National launching Press – briefing to announce the initiation of the European Immunization week, to sensitize relevant media to key issues in relation to immunization and to generate
positive media attention on the importance of vaccination was organized on 20 April 2018, 12:00 – 13:00h in the conference room of the Ministry of Health. 15 national media from TV, radio and written newspapers participated to the press briefing about key issues in relation of immunization at national level and discussed about the challenges at national level.
- Public event to raise awareness about the importance of immunization - On 21 April 2018, 12:00, a big public event was organized in the City Park in the capital Skopje. The public event was organized under the leadership of the Minister of Health (MoH), with strong involvement of the MoH National committee for Immunization, Health House Skopje, and the National Institute for Public Health, the regional Public Health Centers, schools and kindergardens in the city of Skopje. More than 300 parents, children and other people of all ages participated to the event.
- Seminar for more than 150 health professionals to provide updated information related to national immunization statistics and to identify actions for strengthened national response to increase vaccination coverage.
- Lectures for parents in the kindergardens organized by the immunization departments countrywide under the leadership of the Ministry of health and in collaboration with Ministry of Labor and Social Policy
- Field activities for vaccinating Roma children Representatives from the Health House Skopje jointly with the Public Health Center in Skopje organized a field visit to the wild settlement in the city of Skopje named “Kvantaska deponija” inhabited mainly with Roma population.
- Media activities
- Web and social media communication
- Distribution of promotional materials
- Launch of campaign and information materials and press release focused on immunization of children
- Government pages with the campaign information in French, and here in English
- Video: Press conference - Ministry of Health
Announcements of EIW activities on the Parent's association web page:
Republic of Moldova
- 4 testimonial videos and will share in online world and mass-media platforms develop a peer to peer communication paper on how to communicate with parents and children at the vaccination sessions new website designated only for vaccination.
- New collaboration with the biggest community of the parents in online world is bringing new achievements in terms of communication; interest in our collaboration by giving live stream on their page, so we can reach their almost 20 thousands of parents. Live stream will consist of three or four experts in immunization and clinic who will respond to online question of the parents;
- 2 animated videos on two topics: how is working a vaccine; which are components of
- 6 infographics on most important myths and question about immunization
- Debates with medical students
- EIW conference by National Institute of Public Health – National Institute of Hygiene for 120 participants
- EIW materials produced and distributed.
- Preparatory workshop for the MMR enhanced immunization campaign MoH is planning in Eastern counties of Romania with focus on vulnerable communities with low coverage.
- A promotion video about EIW from the CANARY ISLANDS: Semana Europea de la inmunización 2018. ACEVAC
- Infographics, social media campaign and new website: https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/vaccin-funkar/
- Promote resource mobilization efforts for procurement of vaccines and the increase of social awareness on benefits of vaccination round-table meetings at national and regional levels. The list of participants at national and regional level will include representatives from the system of Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Population of the Republic of Tajikistan, international organizations operating in the country, mass media, local authorities and other related organizations.
- TV spot on immunization, distribution of leaflets, stickers, booklets, T-shirt and caps with EIW logos
- 21-22 April: Vaccination station at the Gorod professiy (Town of trade- attraction park for children) - Park Shevchenko; UNICEF
- 23 April: Press conference MOH/PHC- WHO-UNICEF
- Children Vaccination by MMR- media event with pictures; Parents for Vaccination NGO
- 24 April; National conference with opinion leaders, WHO
- 25 April Kyiv Public Health department press conference, and “IPhone virtual reality Feature of Future, Feature of Future without Polio”, Rotary Ukraine and Rotary International
- 27 April: Forum for opinion leaders from social organisations –conference, UNICEF
- 23-27 April- Flash mob in Kyiv’c City Schools
- Webinar on Vaccination with Fedir Lapiy and Zhytomir, Ternopil, Melitopol
United Kingdom of Great Britain
- Wales: Public Health Wales are hosting a National immunisation conference the week before EIW on the 19th April 2018. Our conference has national and international experts in the field of vaccination, we will also be promoting #vaccineswork #immunizeEurope follow us on #welshimmsconf
- Feature website: https://publichealthengland.exposure.co/childhood-vaccination
- In Scotland EIW posters are being used to send with invitations to MMR vaccination clinics.
- 3 radio spots (30”) with participation of celebrities/influencers
- TV show “Markazda Bolalar”, special April edition on WIW-2018
- Radio Show “Mening Bolam” special April edition on WIW-2018
- TV show on importance of vaccination
- SMS distribution
- Engagement with public in Ucell offices (country-wide)
- Engagement with public in the Korzinka.uz chain of supermarkets in Tashkent City
- Engagement with public in the Macro chain of supermarkets Tashkent City
- Exclusive material with infographics in Russian
- Exclusive material with infographics in Uzbek
- Orientation session “Media’s Role in Combating Anti - vaccination Movements” (working title) on stories and interviews
- Human interest story
- Story on the current activities on cold chain or other technical area
- 3 Questions with a celebrity/influencer
- 3 Questions with WHO and UNICEF Immunization officers
- WHO and UNICEF in Uzbekistan are working together to celebrate Immunization Week. Activities can be followed via @un_uzbekistan
- IPV introduction event on 24 April
WHO Regional Office for Europe
- During EIW WHO/Europe will launch high-level statements of support, a new WHO EpiBrief, WHO EpiData, MR country profiles. All materials are available at www.euro.who.int/eiw2018 Twitter: @WHO_Europe_VPI, @WHO_Europe, @WHO_Europe_Ru Facebook: @WHOEurope
WHO Office in Pristina, Kosovo (in accordance with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244 )
- 24 April: press conference and presentation of the Multi-year Immunization plan 2017-2021 and data on vaccination coverage for 2015-2016.
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
- Launch of new publications and resources, as well as social media activities. See https://ecdc.europa.eu/en/news-events/european-immunization-week-2018
European Medicines Agency
- A short video with statements from representatives of our working parties with healthcare professionals and patients on the question: “What gives you confidence in vaccines?”
A short statement (in writing) by our Executive Director Guido Rasi http://www.ema.europa.eu/ema/
index.jsp?curl=pages/news_and_ events/news/2018/04/news_ detail_002943.jsp&mid= WC0b01ac058004d5c1
- 3-4 visuals to be shared via social media (Twitter, LinkedIn) with statements from the video
‘The EU Manifesto on Influenza Vaccination – together reducing the burden of influenza’ launch event.